1. Pretend that you are the managing director of a company. You have created a new job that you would like to introduce. You hope that many people will be interested in working with you and you need to make your presentation interesting.
2. The rest of the class will listen to your presentation and they pretend to be interested in your job. You have to take notes to remember which job you would like to get. You have to ask questions about the job to be able to understand if the job is something that you are interested in.
You are going to apply for one of the future jobs we created in class. You will need to write a formal cover letter, but also create something that draws attention to you. Why should YOU be employed?
- Write a formal cover letter and hand in to me (You write in school)
- Create a Vlog where you talk about yourself and show the employer why you are the best person to hire! (Vlog is ok to create at home)
Vlog: Thursday, May 18
Cover letter: Tuesday, May 30.
How to write a formal cover letter?
Take a look at the picture below:
How does the letter start?
How does the letter end?
How does the author present herself?
Would you like to employ this person?
The basic elements of a cover letter
- Greeting: Address your cover letter to the proper person.
- Opening: Write a personable, inviting opening paragraph that highlights how your skills are a perfect fit to the job.
- Hook: Highlight your past achievements as they relate to the job you're applying for.
- Skills: Highlight additional relevant skills, such as computer languages or certifications.
- Close: Briefly recap your strengths as a candidate, and include your contact information. (monster.com)
Create a VLog:
1. You may record your Vlog at home.
2. Use your Chromebook and record a small video where you tell the employer why he/she must hire You!
3. Talk about yourself and your qualities and try to convince the employer why this job is meant for you.
4. The video should be 1-2 minutes.
5. When you use your Chromebook use the extension Screencastify and switch from desktop to cam. Scroll down and make sure that you can see:
Camera: Select. Press select and choose Integrated web camera
6. When you are ready to record press the black icon for Screencastify and start recording.
7. How to share your film:
- tick the box Google Drive
- tick the box Public at eduhoor.se
- Copy the link that is created and hand in the film to me in Google classroom. Press the icon: Lägg till and choose: Länk.
Skicka en kommentar