Wednesday, April 30
Finish your reading comprehension.
Watch the film below.
Start gathering ideas.
Write your logline
Wednesday, May 7 and Thursday May 8
Write your story.
Dead-line is on Wednesday May 14 - Write in a Google Drive document and share it with me: email@example.com
Everyone must have written a logline before Wednesday 7th of May. When you have finished your logline, please - publish it as a comment here please:
We have worked with the short story The Great Satan. Now it is time for you to write you own short stories.
First of all watch this: ( I am afraid that it is in swedish but I have to admit: I didn't have time make one)
1. Find inspiration and gather ideas
Use www.padlet.com or a Google Drive document if you want to.
If you don't know what to write about you can try doing this: ( If you already know what to write about you can skip this part and move on to step 2)
1. Write down 5 words (things)
2. Write down 3 places you like
3. Write down 3 things that you are afraid of
4. Write down 3 names of people you really dislike - famous people or not - it doesn't matter
5. Write down 3 names of people you really like - famous people or not - it doesn't matter
You have now made 5 lists with words - take a minute and underline one word from every list.
Use the underlined words and you have:
One thing that is important in your short story
a good character
an evil character
2. Write a “logline” by describing what happens in your short story with only one sentence. A logline is also very useful when you are writing a script for a film.
Your character + something that describes your character and environment + action + conflict
Here is an example:
A 17th Century tale of adventure on the Caribbean Sea where the roguish yet charming Captain Jack Sparrow joins forces with a young blacksmith in a gallant attempt to rescue the Governor of England's daughter and reclaim his ship.
Which film is it?
A young man and woman from different social classes fall in love aboard an ill-fated voyage at sea.
Which film is it?
When you think of our short story The Great Satan - what would the logline be?
Write you suggestions here please: http://thecolourofthehumanheart.se/our-short-stories/