Well, it is not always easy to know. When I was your age I was in the stable every day and thought that I was going to work with horses when I grew up. When I was 18 I moved to Ireland and actually worked in a show jumping stable for a couple of months.
Do you think I continued working with horses after that?
The text we are reading today (Awesome 9) is about Olivia and Oliver, who are fraternal twins. Fraternal twins (tvåäggstvillingar) have their origin in two different eggs and are usually no more alike than ordinary siblings. Fraternal twins have different DNA, while identical twins share the same DNA. It is often said that twins have a special connection and may understand each other in almost telepathic ways. However, there is no research to prove that this is actually true.
Do you know any twins? Do they have a special connection?
1. Log in to Awesome 9 (Sanoma)
2. Together we will listen to the texts about Olivia and Oliver.
3. While listening, write down words you don't know.
4. Work in pairs and create a list with three columns:
This characterises Olivia This characterises Oliver In common
Identify as a Londoner Loves music Twins
5. Continue in your digital workbook and go to Explore the text A and B.
6. Vocabulary C and E