söndag 18 september 2022

Speaking - cyberbulling

 Speaking 

Game time! 

1. You will work in groups of three and you need a piece of paper and a pencil. 

2. I will give you a letter (bokstav) and in one minute you need to come up with as many words you can without googling. The group with the most letters wins! 

3. We will watch To This Day" ... for the bullied and beautiful, which is a Ted Talk by Shane Koyczan. 

4. While watching, take short notes on key things he says. After watching we will discuss the film. 

- Which is his main message? 


Cyberbullying

Work in pairs and discuss the questions below. Take notes so you remember what you talked about. We will discuss some of the questions in class. 

1. What do you think of when you hear the word "cyberbullying"?
2. What examples of cyberbullying can you think of?
3. Do you think online bullying is worse or not as bad as physical bullying?
4. Is cyberbullying a problem among your friends?
5. What would you do if you or your friends were cyberbullied?
6. How do you think cyberbullying affects the life of those bullied?
7. What responsibilities do the websites have in stopping it? 
8. What responsibilities do you and your friends have?  
9. What can you do if you are being attacked on social media? 

Writing 

What would I say to myself when I was being bullied?


We will write in Trelson (I will show you how it works. Bring earphones if you have.)
I want you to write between 250-600 words size 12. 

Choose between:

1.  Write a letter to Shane in the video. 
- What would you like to tell Shane? 
Ex 
Dear Shane, 
I just watched your Ted Talk and I really felt... 
I hope... 
All the best, 
Sara 

2. Write a letter to yourself "What would I say to myself when I was being bullied?"

Dear Sara, 
You are such a strong individual, even if you don’t feel like you are. Even though your school peers make you feel bad about yourself, and dread runs through your veins every time you walk through the gates, you still get up every morning and go to school. That is so brave! 
First of all, I think ... 
I also believe... 

Best regards, 
Sara 


/ Sara 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar