You have now finished both reading and writing about the book The Perks of being a wallflower. Today you are going to read a text that one of your friends has written and you are going to give feedback to help your friend improve his or her text.
1. In Google Classroom you will find out whose text you will read and work with. Then click on the attached link, which will lead you to a folder in Google drive. Find the name of your friend's text, open it and make your own copy.
2. Re-name the text like this:
Feedback from XXX to XXX
3. Read the text.
4. Give your friend comments in Google Docs. Select the word or phrase that you would like to comment. An icon with a plus sign will appear. Click on the icon to add your comment.
The checklist below will help you:
1. Do all sentences, people and places begin with a capital letter?
2. Do all sentences end with correct punctuation? (. , ? !) Help: Punctuation
3. Has the author written I with a capital I?
4. Are there varied sentence lengths?
5. Has the author remembered paragraph division? Help: Paragraphs
5. Are there colourful and describing words?
6. Has the author followed the instructions Sara gave on how to write the text?
7. Is the text interesting and worth reading - if not - what can be improved?
7. Are the verb forms correctly written? Help: Verb
8. Did you check the text for spelling mistakes? Don't use Google Translate.
9. The last step is to go to Grammarly
- Sign in to Grammarly with your Google account.
- Click on NEW. Type the title of the text you are working with: Feedback to XX from XX
- Go to the text you are working with and copy it. Then go back to Grammarly and paste it.
- Grammarly will now help you check your text for spelling and grammar mistakes.
OBS! When you have pasted the text into Grammarly - show me before you move on.
-Click on the underlined words to find out what is wrong. Check the grammar and spelling mistakes and go back and forth to the text you are working with. Continue giving your friend comments.
9. When you are finished:
Write a comment to your friend where you tell him or her two things that you really liked about the text and one thing that your friend needs to think about the next time he or she is writing a text.
Post this comment at the very top of the text, next to the friend's name so I easily can find it.
10. Tell your friend and me that you are finished.
11. When you get your text back:
- Go through your text and fix it. Make sure you understand what is wrong and learn from your mistakes.
- Tell me when you are done.
Skicka en kommentar