The book we will be reading is called The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-time Indian and the author is Sherman Alexie. You will be reading the book online and you find the book via the link above.
1. I will divide you into groups of 3. In your groups, go to Flipgrid (you can see the code on the whiteboard) and record a video where you introduce yourself, your school and also say something about our country. Remember that the other classes don't know a thing about Sweden. What is special about our country?
Take turns to say your names and how old you are.
Tell them two or three sentences each, about Höör and Sweden.
Say Good Bye and that you are looking forward to working with them.
2. Later this week or next week, the other classes will reply to your videos. Remember that students and teachers from different parts of the world will be watching you so behave! :)
3. Before we start reading the book I want you to take a look at the picture below. What do you think the book will be about?
5. We will now listen/read the first chapter together in class.
6. Homework for next time:
Use the internet and try to find out the answers to the questions below.
When the lesson starts next time I want you to be able to talk to your classmates about the questions.
1. What countries colonised North America? What does "colonise another country" mean?
2. How come the native inhabitants of North America were called Indians?
3. What is a reservation?
4. Why were reservations created?
5. Who are the Spokanes?
6. Where do they live?
7. What is life like on the reservations today?
Skicka en kommentar