Take a look at the picture below:
How does the letter start?
How does the letter end?
How does the author present herself?
Would you like to employ this person?
THE BASIC ELEMENTS OF A COVER LETTER
- Greeting: Address your cover letter to the proper person.
- Opening: Write a personable, inviting opening paragraph that highlights how your skills are a perfect fit for the job.
- Hook: Highlight your past achievements as they relate to the job you're applying for.
- Skills: Highlight additional relevant skills, such as computer languages or certifications.
- Close: Briefly recap your strengths as a candidate, and include your contact information. (monster.com)
Continue creating your future jobs
At the end of this lesson - be able to tell the class what you have created. A few sentences are enough.
Take notes! On Thursday you are going to write a cover letter and apply for one of the jobs you just heard about. You will write during the lesson and you don't have to prepare at home.
Skicka en kommentar